Montana offers unparalleled labour and employee relations support. As highly knowledgeable non-legal practitioners rather than legal counsel, we take a longer and broader view of your issues, and take the time to build capability into your organization rather than building dependence. We have strong relationships with legal professionals and work in harmony with corporate counsel.
Montana Consulting Group offers its consulting clients a unique mix of strengths:
- expertise in the technicalities and legalities of employment and labour relations,
- concrete approaches to accountability and governance issues,
- superior investigative and assessment skills,
- friendly, caring people, and
- common-sense, practical approaches.
We support clients in the following areas:
- Case and issue management
- Grievance arbitration presentation [over 90% success rate!]
- Coaching company personnel in grievance arbitration presentation
- Collective bargaining, especially interest-based bargaining
- Collective agreement analysis and collective bargaining planning and coaching for management teams
- Labour relations due diligence for acquisitions
- Non-union employee relations practices that maintain direct relationships with your employees
- Organizational culture change
Montana Consulting Group provides expert, depth experience in changing workplace cultures and developing employee engagement.
Our consultants have led dramatic changes, including:
- Labour relations turnarounds
- Work system and job design re-engineering
- Policy development and changes
- Leadership style changes
Our “culture forming practices” process speeds positive change and avoids prolonged buy-in campaigns. We have identified seven elements common to all high-morale and high-engagement workplaces and we use this model as a blueprint