Montana’s wildly popular Turnaround Interview® program teaches HR professionals, managers and supervisors the secrets techniques for getting an employee to break a bad habit WITHOUT USING DISCIPLINE.
Turnaround Interview® is the perfect solution for lateness, minor quality or documentation problems, procedural violations, excessive personal phone calls, dress code problems, extended breaks, negative attitudes, and minor safety violations.
Introduction to Turnaround Interview® (1 day program)
This is a condensed version of our most popular program, Turnaround Interview® teaches a step by step, highly effective approach to having those difficult conversations about minor issues in the workplace: lateness, overstaying breaks, “forgetting” personal protective equipment, skipping or rushing through quality documentation, etc.
Participants use cases modeled on their own real-life situations and practice techniques for controlling the conversation, dealing with common defences and excuses, drawing out concrete commitments, and amplifying those commitments so that employees want to follow through and will genuinely regret letting you down.
You will learn:
- Why people defend bad behaviour
- Why lecturing employees is ineffective
- How employees’ reactions to coaching are rooted in four defensive responses learned in youth
- How to control the flow of a difficult conversation using body language and voice
- 4 steps to getting a commitment to change
- Dozens of defensive tactics and what to say when you meet them
- When to use discipline instead of Turnaround Interview®.
Turnaround Interview® (2 day program)
Like chess, Turnaround Interview® is easy to learn but takes practice to master. This is a full-two day version of the Turnaround Interview® workshop allowing for more hands-on practice and coaching by experts in the techniques.
In addition to more practice opportunities, the full Turnaround Interview® program includes variants on the technique that support correction of attendance issues or negativity behaviours.